Framclipse is a plugin for Eclipse.
Eclipse is a free development tool that is very helpful in developing source code for many programming languages like Java or C++. Framclipse is a plugin for Eclipse which lets you use the power of Eclipse while you write FramScript code!
Framclipse was started at Poznan University of Technology, Poland, by Jan Kuźniak, and then extended by Przemyslaw Polewski. It was later rewritten by Bartosz Kukawka. The motivation was to help other people that are using Framsticks simulator write their scripts.
Framclipse is open source, released under the very liberal MIT License so feel free to do anything you want with it. All the files for this project (sources, configurations, distributions and helper files) are available.
Current version of Framclipse opens .script, .neuro, .expdef and .style files. It offers standard Eclipse editor with framscript-specific syntax coloring for code and simple code completion mechanism.
Syntax coloring is very much alike Eclipse's Java editor, i.e. keywords, strings and comments are highlighted.
Completion proposal is limited, yet still useful. It proposes list of Framscript classes and for each class - it's methods. It contains information about field/method type as well as method signature. Unfortunately, as soon as not class name is used but a variable of this class type, completion proposal stops working.
Framclipse at this moment doesn't 'understand' framscript, just uses some basic rules to color it and propose completions.
Syntax coloring for the framscript language
Javadoc-style popups for dynamic presentation of framscript documentation
Dynamic context-sensitive content assistance/code completion
Foldable code sections with support for on-mouse-over content preview
Fully interactive, dynamically updated outline with range indication for selected code elements
Eclipse 3.6 is required.
You can use Framclipse update site at http://www.framsticks.com/framclipse/ to make Eclipse automatically install Framclipse:
- Run Eclipse.
- Go to Eclipse Help menu -> Install New Software.
- In the "Work with:" field, enter
and press enter.
- Uncheck "Group items by category".
- Select the newest version of Framclipse to install and click "Next".
- Accept the terms of license and click OK.
- If you are warned about unsigned feature, click OK.
- After successful installation, restart Eclipse.
In case of problems: ensure that you have the
http://download.eclipse.org/releases/helios/ repository added in "Available software sites".
Using FramclipseTo start editing a FramScript script:
- Start a new project (File->New->Project)
- Select General->Project
- Once the project is created, add a new file to the project
- The file must have one of the extensions: neuro, script, expdef, style
- If asked for adding the Xtext nature, answer "Yes".
Below there is a list of features that can be improved in future versions:
- Completion proposal (simple parser to make it more intelligent).
- Error highlighting using framscript parser errors.
- Documentation view that could show additional description of the selected component just like Eclipse's Java editor javadoc view.
- Code formatter.
- Quick assist for fixing common problems.
If you want to report a bug or ask a question, please register and use our forums.
If you would like to participate in the project, please check the SVN repository and contact macko.